The residents wanted a quiet, soothing activity today, so Kayla broke out the coloring books, pens, colored pencils and everyone got to work. There almost wasn’t enough room at the table, everyone working on their own pages, then everyone ooing and ahhing at everyone else’s creations. Coloring isn’t just for kids, there are a lot of benefits to coloring. Check out this excerpt on the matter, if you would like to read the entire post please click on the link below.
Every major news outlet from CNN to CBS News is reporting about the adult coloring phenomenon. What once was an activity that kept so many of us entertained as children, is now resurfacing as a trend adults are coming to love. Therapeutic elements parents sought to keep their children calm or entertained before dinner, are now being applied to adults, to help distract them from the daily pressures of life.
That said, here are the top 7 benefits of coloring for adults:
- Your brain experiences relief by entering a meditative state
- Stress and anxiety levels have the potential to be lowered
- Negative thoughts are expelled as you take in positivity
- Focusing on the present helps you achieve mindfulness
- Unplugging from technology promotes creation over consumption
- Coloring can be done by anyone, not just artists or creative types
- It’s a hobby that can be taken with you wherever you go