At Hitz our Occupational Therapist individualize each residents program. Occupational Therapy targets improving resident’s ability to manage every day activity. Occupational Therapy maximizes a resident’s ability to complete simple ADL’s such as dressing, bathing, toileting and self-feeding. Occupational Therapy also targets higher activities of daily living including laundry, shopping in community and cooking skills to ensure a quicker recovery time. Our Occupational therapist work closely with nursing, dietary, families and resident to ensure a quick and safe recovery.
Things to Look For:
- Difficulty Dressing
- Difficulty Grasping Objects
- Poor Sitting Posture
- Sliding or Leaning in Chair
- Urinary Incontenence
- Decreased Participation in Hobbies
Our Therapy Focuses On:
- Strength and stamina with heavy emphasis on personal safety and fall prevention
- Transferring body weight in a safe manner from one location to another including getting up, sitting down and transferring from wheelchair safely.
- Understanding limits and helping your loved one understand what they can and cannot do alone
- Routinely monitor and test to make sure your loved one will be safe should they decide to return home
If you or a loved one has been recently hospitalized or you feel you may benefit from Occupational Therapy, contact our director